Even though 2015 just finished, I want to take this time to remember my first skincare haul!
I don’t know how but I landed myself in Michelle Phan’s evening routine then to Wengie’s Korean skincare haul 2015. The second video was sponsored by Beauteque. After watching the video, I got curious and went to Beauteque and discovered a world full of skincare fun! Because I was so curious about Korean skincare products, my search finally landed me onto Fifty Shades of Snail. The author, Fiddy, talked about how to construct a skincare regimen. I know I’m exaggerating but it actually made me see things clearly despite my astigmatism. From there, I went back to Beauteque and bought my first Korean skincare products, which was the Scinic Aqua All-In-One Ampoule. It combines toner, serum, and essence in one product. (This product was also reviewed by Fiddy!) This was ideal for me as I wanted to get to bed as possible. Because it was an all-in-one, it did not have as powerful effect as a separate toner, serum, and essence. To rectify this, I went to Beauteque to get the Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam. This product smelled pretty good and was gentle on the face too plus I loved rice anyways. I was so happy that I went to RoseRoseShop to get massively discounted products. All in all, these are the products that I bought to start my K-beauty journey:
Each of the products above has a star ingredient which I will be outlining below.
- Oryza Sativa (aka Asian rice) from Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam can fight off inflammation, and has antioxidant and immunostimulatory effects.
- Aloe barbadensis (aka Aloe Vera) from Aloe BHA Skin Toner can stimulate the immune system, able to moisturize and reduces inflammation. It’s an ingredient for the sensitives out there too!
- Aloe propolis extract from Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel relieves dryness, itchiness, and has vitamin A, E and lanolin to boost the skin’s health.
- Honey extract from Royal Honey Essential kit and mask has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and moisturizing effects.
- Collagen from Collagen Whitening Eye Cream and Aqua all-in-one ampoule aids in skin elasticity, hydration, and has anti-aging effects.
- Black raspberry extract from Black Raspberry Eye Cream has antioxidant and antiaging effects as well as improving wound healing.
Right now, I’m using the Royal Honey Essential Total Kit in addition to Royal Honey mask for pre-cleanse. The Royal Honey line smells good and has a sticky consistency, just like honey! The cream, eye cream and serum are 5 ml while the emulsion and toner are 20 ml.
Even though these products have star ingredients, it does not mean they have the most content in it. This could either mean that it appeals more to the consumer or it can only be used in small amounts. Either way, when using skincare products, be sure to test it somewhere on your body before trying it out on your face. You don’t want to have a crazy mark on your face the next day!