In this day and age, people have been obsessed with post-apocalypse, ranging from a deadly virus to nuclear attacks to robots taking over the world to strange weather patterns. However, my obsession of all things post-apocalypse are zombies. I have seen a good amount of zombie movies and TV shows. I have seen: 28 days later and its sequel (28 weeks later), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil movie series, I am Legend, Warm Bodies, and World War Z. Does Evil Dead II, Sankarea, Highschool of the Dead, Apocalypse no toride and Shikabane Hime count?
As of 11/8/15, I am watching Z Nation from Syfy and AMC’s The Walking Dead. Ok, I haven’t seen that much about zombies but I like to think I know them quite well… Kind of..
From what I understand
Zombies have been characterized as power hungry flesh-eating creatures. Whether they are fast or slow, they are alerted when they “sense” humans nearby. Consequently, how do zombies sense us? Fortunately, zombies cannot differentiate by seeing their prey but they do use their other senses, namely their sense of smell and/or hearing.
Even though sensing us might differ from other media types or how the zombies came to be, one thing is for sure and that is how it is transmitted via biting its prey – I suspect it’s a blood to blood thing.
My conspiracy theory
Whatever the origin was, I suspect that when the zombie apocalypse comes, humans would be affected by a dormant virus. I don’t know if it will be transmitted in the air, water, food or maybe even those half & half cartons – definitely something that is delivered for the masses. When that dormant virus invades our system, it can be activated by being bitten. Afterwards, it will look like one has the flu – except on steroids. So super HIV on drugs, anyone?
What to expect post-apocalyptically
I expect that there won’t be any working toilets, locomotives, and phones. The internet would probably be dead too! Bye bye blogs! And good bye social medias!
Other than zombies, I also expect “crazy” people. Mad max type of crazy people. After the 1st and 2nd wave of zombies, I would not be surprised if people started to kill each other for food and water. At that point, those two things are more precious than (almost) anything else. Because of this, achieving unity and teamwork will be a difficult challenge. You would not know who to trust at this point when the world basically reseted itself back into a dog-eat-dog world.
What will come in handy
- Determination and the will to survive!
- Humanity. Can’t forget about that.
- Strength and stamina – cardio via running, spinning; and yoga
- Weapons (guns have their limits and it’s too damn noisy)
- Daggers and/or knives
- Bow gun (to pretend to be Daryl of course)
- Guns (as a last resort)
- Self defense such as Krav maga
- Go bag that basically has camping gear in it
- Clothes, compact sleeping bag, Swiss army knife, lighter, water purification tablets, canteen and/or thermos
- Extra pair of glasses since I have astigmatism so everything’s blurry!
- Steel toe work boots to crush some zombie skulls
- Leather jacket since it’s pretty hard to bite into it
- Nonperishable food items if able to carry them
- Up-to-date vaccines
- Medical/Nursing skills (I have a shirt for this)
- Antipyretics, antibiotics, opioids just in case :p
- Multivitamins (still have to be healthy even during post-apocalypse)
- Electric generator
Please comment and/or contact me if you think you can add more to my list, and I will credit you for your contribution! Yay!
Thank you ❤